Thursday, September 1, 2016

In the Wood of In Between by Savannah Perran



In the wood of In Between
Where men and beast are seldom seen
There lie the secret, silent ways
Some hidden deep since Elder days

In the wood of In Between
Where the windy sylphs careen
No time has touched the tallest tree
Nor storm and rain broken their leaves

In the wood of In Between
Where secret spots of sunlight gleam
What’s hidden there cannot be known
By mortal minds such as our own


Send your TOP THREE favorite submissions to dameimraldera@gmail.com. Your votes will be rated as follows: 
1st = 3 points
2nd = 2 points
3rd = 1 point

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so exciting to see all the stories up! But do you mind changing the name in the title (and my other entry)? My name is Savannah Perran, not Anna :). I'm pretty sure I put that in the email I sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, I am so sorry for the confusion! Yes, I will work on that at once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And also, if one of my pieces is picked, do pass the prize on to the next person (or the one before), as I don't use pens like that and I know someone else will.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, nice. My favorite lines: "What’s hidden there cannot be known/By mortal minds such as our own."
    This really captures the mood of the Wood.
    Great job, Savannah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED the entire thing! It was just so pretty. You are a gifted poet

    ReplyDelete